Friday, June 04, 2010

Summer Solstice

So I run away for a month, I'm coming back with lots of posts!  Stay tuned!  Let's start with an FO:
 

Pattern: Summer Solstice Socks by Ellie Putz Yarn: Earthly Hues Saplings  Color: Fallen Leaves  Needles:US 1½ - 2.5 mm Started:  April 6, 2010 Completed: May 12, 2010

Note:  Although the color is not everyone's favorite, I really love how this yarn looks in the final form.  Not exactly sure the destination of this pair - they are quite generously sized.

In the meantime, we are readying the Teen for graduation and preparing Puck for the road.  Teen has multiple jobs this Summer and is socking that cash away for spending money next school year.  He may even earn enough to buy himself the Apple MacBook he wants so badly.

Puck will be flying to DC with  his class directly after Teen graduates, then when he gets back he has a day and a half to prepare for his U15 Lacrosse Tournament in Denver Colorado!  There's a trip to Notre Dame and a venture up into Canada in his future as well.  It is fair to say that this summer will exhaust us all.





Comments:
I feel exhausted just reading those bits of your summer!
 
Sounds like you're going to be very busy this summer!...and here I was fretting about my summer schedule which is no where near as hectic! Hope you have a wonderful time with each journey...and find moments to relax too.

The colours and pattern of the socks are exquisite. They compliment each other beautifully.
 
Well I don't care what anyone says, I like the color. They'd look great with a pair of jeans propped up to the fire in mid-winter. A cup of hot chocolate or wine and a lapfull of knitting.

I'm back! I've been gone from bloggy land for too long and I miss it. Have fun on your adventures and good luck at the tourney. My 11 year old has just started lacrosse for the first time. I don't think you've mentioned how VIOLENT it is. I just about died when I saw the first practice. SHEESH!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?