Monday, July 27, 2009

Reading Bullets:

So I was bragging about my reading progress the other week (I will never match Chris or Cursing Mama but I have had my nose in the Kindle for the last week or so...).



The Walk by Lee Goldberg
This is a pretty good story about a self-centered movie executive who survives the initial "Big One" in LA and decides the only thing he needs to do is hike home for his wife. The foreshadowing is pretty clumsy and I guessed the big surprise more than halfway through the novel.

Paranoia by Joseph Finder
This was a good story (this was a freebie from Amazon for the Kindle). A story about corporate intrigue microprocessor industry. The concept is good but this guy is supposed to be really smart and I had a hard time trying to buy that judging by some of his methods. Once I didn't buy into that it was hard to buy the whole story.

Kitty and the Silver Bullet by Carrie Vaughn
It's a Kitty book, I rely on a good yarn from Ms. Vaughn


Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian
This is a pretty steamy book, and for the most part I enjoyed it, but I have a problem with messing with the Vampire mythology so along with sparkley vampires goes the Alien Race vampires.


His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik
I plan on purchasing the rest of this series - I really enjoyed the details about the different dragons and the hero dragon Temeraire was charming.

Empress by Karen Miller
The main character in this book started out pretty sympathetic but she quickly becomes a very scary mommy. I'm not sure I could handle another book in this series - she got REALLY scary.


Blood Engines by T.A. Pratt
I loved this story about Sorcerer Marla Mason and I could definitely see this as a TV series. Typical hardass with a good heart - and very interesting.

I got another pretty new accessory in the mail today and I'll show and tell later in the week.

Knitting Progress:

Comments:
*makes mental note to avoid Empress - sounds too scary for me*

Oh, very curious about the mysterious new accessory...
 
I like accessories!
And - your knitting prowess is stunning.
 
It seems quite impossible to me that you can get all that reading and knitting done with two teenaged boys and I can barely manage a trip to the rest room most days!
 
How the hell do you do that AND get your knitting done. For me it's one or the other. You must give me some time management tips.
 
How do you get that much knitting AND reading done??
 
Do you belong to Shelfari.com? It used to be a stand alone group but amazon.com bought it. You list all your books that you own or have read. It's addicting. I sometimes take my laptop and sit by my bookcases and start listing. But, I'm an archivist by trade so . . .
 
Good thing Carrie Vaughn and Naomi Novik were around. Isn't that annoying when books aren't as good as they should be?

Knitting accessory sounds intriguing.....

I love your milkweed shawl and now I also feel compelled to plant milkweed. Poor monarchs.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?