Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fuschia Finale with MUCH Linky Goodness....




Pattern: Slip Stitch Delight from Terry Ross Designs Yarn: Eidos from the Sanguine Gryphon (purchased at The Loopy Ewe) Color: Bougainvillea Needles: Knitpicks Harmony DPN's in size 1 Started: August 8, 2008 Completed: August 13, 2008. Note: I started this pattern and got past the cuff design and started knitting the slip stitch pattern and HATED the futziness. I ripped the whole thing out - and reconsidered. I liked the cuff - how 'bout just the cuff and some stockinette - so that is what I did.

For those of you who are concerned, I have moved on to the greens this week - I will give your eyes a soothing rest next week.

I have been catching up on my Podcast listening on my walks while up at the cabin. It's a good thing we have no "innernets" up there, or I would be stashing us into the poorhouse. I mean, Lime & Violet found (the color-brilliant half of) Cider Moon's new home over on Etsy (and their new name!) Check out Yarnzombie's Moonbow! I just started listening to Manic Purl and I already got stuck back in her MAY Yarn Finds! Stash and Burn always sends me scrambling to look at new sweater patterns Twist Collective got some cash from me this month, and Knotions? Faggeddaboutit! Then there's the bloke from Australia that I listen to just for his interviews with the local artisans and business folk (Sticks & String, of course)! I listen to Cast On, (can we call Brenda Dayne the Grande Dame of Knitting Podcasts?), Socks in the City (love her Cosmic Fibers yarn! Ooops - I may have talked myself into some yarn.....), Y Knit and Belle of the Ball too, but I'm all caught up on those!

Well, we got home from "Up Nort" yesterday afternoon and we are heading back out on Friday so you may not hear from me again until next week - but have a great weekend!

Comments:
I wasn't familiar with a couple of those podcasts, so thanks for the links!
 
My eyes! My eyes!! Pretty socks - I think. ;) Have fun up nort!
 
I really like your "just the cuff" idea.
 
Enjoy those cabin walks! It sounds so fun to walk and listen to all those podcasts - and yeah, thanks for the links. So far, I only had L&V and Socks in the City and Let's Knit Tog on my ipod. I'm off to check those others.

I agree on the sock - good choice - the cuff is really pretty - perfect with stockinette.
 
Oh dear, great that you started on greens... that can be quite a colour for the eyes too, but we will wait and see. I love those podcasts too and do you know Knitters Uncensored? Quite nice too!
 
Hi. I'm new to this blogging thing. Just love finding other people who love to knit. I wanted to pass on some good news.

I was told that Cider Moon split and took most of the colors to their new company. I think it must be a good scoop. I just found their web site (tuscangrove.com) and it looks to be true!

ps - I love the cuff too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?