Friday, December 14, 2007

Winter Wonderland




1. What’s your favorite sock yarn? Note that the word ‘yarn’ is singular. Just pick one.
As you could see yesterday, I've run the gamut of the sock yarns. I think the most predominant yarn in my rainbow would be the Socks that Rock lightweight - but I do have to say that my newest favorite is the White Oaks Studio TVyarn. This could easily change quite quickly.

2. What’s your favorite type and brand of sock needle? Wooden needles are easier on my digits, but I break them. I own the most of the Knitpicks Options dpn's. And I am a dpn stickler.


3. Do you knit your socks toe up, cuff down, or sideways? Hmm, I've never tried sideways, nor toe up for that matter. I am rather staid in that I find comfort in my cuff down style.

4. Do you knit both socks at once or just one at a time? I knit them one at a time. I like knowing that I have one that works before I start the second one.


5. What’s your favorite toe and why? Well, mine is my second toe on my right foot, Deb, but that's beside the point. I don't know that's it's got a name, but I guess it's the cuff down toe that I see the most often...

6. Favorite heel? Heel flap - patterned, ribbed or plain. I love pickin' up those gusset stitches.


7. Do you prefer plain or patterned socks? I like stitch patterns because I like counting the repeats.


8. Who do you knit the most socks for? Oh, me, I'm the one with cold feet in our house. Though mom has been known to sneak in and steal off with a pair.


9. Do you darn your socks? If not, what do you do with them? Not yet.


10. Do you only wear hand-knit socks? Except when I'm on the treadmill in the mornings, and of course, not with my sandals in summer.


Bonus question: What pattern, if any, is your basic “I-just-need-a-pair-of-socks” sock pattern based on? Hmmm, I don't think I've actually repeated a pattern yet. Though I have to say I like Roza's sock and the Charade Socks.

I got my Woolgirl December Sock Club shipment yesterday - I'll have some pictures for you tomorrow. I may actually wind this skein up and knit it next!

Comments:
Tee hee !!! Maybe we should introduce our favorite toes - when it gets above 60 degrees!
 
I find comfort in my favorite way of doing socks, too!
 
You should at least give toe up socks a try. I find they fit my foot better. How can anyone pick one favorite sock yarn?
 
I know a question that hasn't been asked - how long does it take you to make a pair of socks on average?
 
What a Christmas picture...is that around your house? Here it is finally getting colder. yvonnep
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?