Thursday, December 27, 2007
Kona has been very happy with the snow and his Kong frisbee (best frisbee ever made for a chewing dog - he can't tear it to shreds - at least not quickly):
We are off to pick up his partner in crime tomorrow morning.
A sock was finished. Sock #2 is about half done. I really like these sock yarns with tencel or bamboo in them. This is Yarn Pirate in Dogwood - I will give you more info when I have the pair finished.
Warning Guest Etiquette Rant: Christmas was lovely, with the exception surrounding a relative who called to know if they could bring their THREE (VERY NOISY) Yorkshire Terriers to my gathering of 18+ people and two (hunting sized) dogs. There were some factors to be considered:
- One, they called the morning before, so that meant they wanted to spend the night before the gathering - see earlier post regarding sprained ankle and consider ability to clean house in preparation for said gathering.
- Two, 2 of my guests are over 70 years of age (they can hardly handle all of the kids together).
- Three, did I mention, sprained ankle?
- Four, these particular Yorkies are not very NICE dogs (to people or other dogs-I have been bitten several times, my poor sweet dog just slinks away to hide, they just harass him - loudly).
- Five, these particular people had already informed everyone that they WOULD NOT BE ATTENDING THE FAMILY CHRISTMAS GATHERING! (The changes they were requesting would mean changing the plans of half of the people attending - plans that had been in place since Thanksgiving).
- Six, this is reoccurring behavior by this particular relative (making or changing plans at the last minute without considering that anyone else may have had plans, or would have made plans otherwise).
So, considering all those factors, I said no to the Yorkies. The people could come and stay, but they needed to make arrangements for the dogs that did not involve our gathering or my house. The passive-aggressive drama would have boggled your mind. I knew it was happening, and I STILL felt guilty. They came. Left the dogs in their car and then left in a huff because the dogs were cold (we had offered the heated back room of our garage [the back room has carpet, and an overstuffed double sized chair!], but it was refused by a very martyred relative). Cripes! All right, rant over.
I received many fun gifts, and the Teen gave me a Loopy Ewe GC so I was able to order in some stash before my Stash Management Plan goes into effect. (It's not here yet, be patient.) The boys got Rock Band for the PS3 and they have been rockin' away for the last 48 hours or so.
Sounds like your Christmas went pretty well, considering the last-minute stress!
Can't wait to see the puppy!!!
I can't believe they would do that! I'm a total dog person, but smart enough to know that not everyone else is and it's SO strange to bring your dogs to a big gathering like that.
You handled it well and they're the only ones who had to leave early, right?
Great sock. Can't wait to see pics of the SECOND-CUTEST-PUPPY-IN-THE-WORLD! ;-)
I hope your ankle gets better soon. But at you have the perfect excuse to sit down and knit now.
Links to this post: