Wednesday, August 15, 2007
I'd say someone who hadn't posted for a week was being a tad lazy. But, you see, I have this condition....I can't stand to watch something being done when I just know I could do a better job of it. Ummm, like be the Treasurer for an Athletic Association? Yea, I know, I'm mad, just bonkers, but I really am doing a better job of it, especially considering we had NO ONE doing it for eight months. Just, well, our year end is September 30 and I have been tinkering with Quicken like a crazy person to get those Cash Flow sheets to look right, filing bank statements in notebooks with little plastic pockets for all the expense receipts. Did I mention that I volunteer? Well, no wonder that the knitting progress looks like this:Is that shot a little blurry? It is a little late, maybe it's just my eyes...I really should go to bed. That's my lovely sock needle case from the Loopy Ewe, my pair and half of Spiralling Socks and my Leaf Cardigan which is progressing nicely and will be car knitting again this weekend. My iPod video which has been showing me all the past seasons of The Closer. Yay! I love finding shows I love that have several seasons available to watch all in a bunch!
I was going to steal Annie's idea and do a bullet Wednesday, but then it went and turned into Thursday. I suppose I could make it kind of original and do a bullet Thursday? How about a semi-bullet Thursday? An SBT? How about an Enabling SBT?
- I got my invoice for the Woolgirl's sock club, first shipment is going out September 10! Yay, another reason I can't wait for school to start....(don't ask).
- Of course, you know the Loopy had an update on Monday night (again, don't ask, I have a $25 gift certificate waiting for me now).
- Diva Knitting sent me an email about 60% closeout prices - her stuff usually goes pretty fast though.
- Pick Up Sticks got in some lovely Dream in Color this week.
- My Neighborhood Association is having a huge fracas over new mailboxes. Seriously.
- How can I resist the Elsebeth Lavold on clearance at WEBS?
- KPixie has the new Blue Sky Alpacas patterns in.
- I had to get a refund this week from a hockey clinic because the guy who runs it told Puck's buddy "You're the worst defensive player I've ever seen, you're never going to make it PeeWee hockey - not even at the C level" Seriously. He fought off tears all the way home in the back seat of my car, and then, melted into tears as soon as he got into the house. Both boys refused to go back to the clinic. To make matters even worse, when the mom brought him back to the clinic to demand an apology, not only did he refuse to apologize, he called Puck's friend a liar. Grrr. I will tell you the name of the clinic privately if you wish to avoid it.
Guess the dearth of knitting time is not so surprising. Really, I should go to bed.
* I obviously need to sign up for more mailing lists. But then, maybe not...I don't need more yarn
* The guy (wanted to use a different word, but...) at the hockey clinic should not be in a position of authority over anyone, much less kids of PeeWee hickey age. What a jerk. (Once again, wanted to use a different word.)
And that person should be reported to everyone you can. The field of youth sports is being treated like it is a pro team everywhere. The kids care more about playing than anything, I think I have something that will cheer Puck up. I will have to round everything up and send it to you.
I'm on my own yarn diet now and that EL yarn sale at Webs is sorely, sorely tempting me. I'm trying to be strong like you were!
Can't wait for sock club to start! WHOO HOOOO!
Hockeyboy gets enough of that from the other players - grrrr!
Links to this post: