Sunday, October 01, 2006
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Gee - I like just about anything. I get a little anxious with splitty yarns and really, so not into fun furs - more than anything they make me crabby when I try to knit with them.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Circs are in a big ziplock bag, straights are in a pretty green flower vase, and the dpns usually go back into their envelopes and into a basket.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned in community ed class in 6th grade, I inherited a bag full of old needles from my Great Aunt Fanny (really). Even an ivory crochet needle that I treasure. I guess I would consider myself to be advanced intermediate. I definitely understand more than I can execute.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have a wishlist at Amazon, but I really don't know how to link to it.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Vanilla/Ginger/Orange - any combination is lovely.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I love chocolate(malted milk balls - mmm), but I also love sour (sour patch kids - mmm).
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I have been a scrapbooker/photographer for about ten years. I think if I tried to become a spinner, it would be like opening Pandora's box and NOT a good thing. I'll settle for buying other peoples pretty-pretties.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I am an ipod/itunes queen, very much into the alternative music, though I love Kelly Clarkson.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love most colors, the richer the better. I do not do well with dinner mint pastel colors, although I like pink.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am a married, SAHM with two boys, 14 and 10. We have a Chocolate Labrador who is two and a half (Kona), a cat who is ancient (Hooter) and a green anole that is going to be the death of me.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Mittens, hats and scarves, not so much the ponchos now they've had their fifteen minutes.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I've been a sweater knitter for years - but I hate to seam. Just this year I have picked up felting bags, socks and mittens. I even knit a couple of scarves.
13. What are you knitting right now? One felted bag from One Skein (that is really using two and half skeins), Banff from Knitty.com, a pair of mittens from Not Just Socks using yarn from the yarnpirate.com in Clementine, my boys are in line for socks (also from Not Just Socks), and underneath all that I have some yarn lined up for Fetching from Knitty.com. Oh yea, I'm seaming (really) a debbie bliss cardi I knit last winter.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Who doesn't?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like wood needles, any kind. However I have Banff on Knitpicks Options.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? (sigh) Those are on my Christmas List...
17. How old is your oldest UFO? If they stay UFO for long, they get frogged, but I have a couple pair of socks I started about six months ago.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving, even though I usually cook. I get to drink wine too and everybody drinks along with me and we are fun!
19. Is there anything that you collect? No. I used to collect dolls as a kid. Wait, I remember! I collect wine!! Hmm, I think that means I shouldn't drink it as fast as I buy it, huh? We love Oregon Pinot Noirs and my dh loves the Washington Cabs.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't have any subscriptions, I pick them up as they come out.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Entrelac looks interesting to me.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes - albeit a very amateur sock knitter. I'm a size 8 1/2 shoe (US) - other than that - I'll post more specifics later.
23. When is your birthday? February 10
Edited to add WINE!
Give the entrelac a whirl. I really loved it, once I got the hang of it. I was taught how to knit backwards so I didn't have to keep turning the work around to purl, and that helped a lot.
Links to this post: