Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm so busy knitting, I'm just going to give you a few books. I've got about 1/3 of the Alchemy Ingenue left and I started the Knitty Heart scarf for my neighbor lady (out of the softest merino in a color called pink lemonade). Oh, I've finished that Nantasket Basket - I totally forgot to take a picture! I guess I'll have some pics for later.

A few more from the books read list:

48. Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman by Pamela Aidan (2/4/06)
Oh hell, I will ready ANYTHING if you tell me it has Fitzwilliam Darcy in it, for I have a vivid imagination and I will always picture Colin Firth frowning around and jumping into ponds and trying not to grab Lizzie and JUST MAKE OUT . . . Sorry, I’m a little warm - and you? Where was I? Oh yea, sorry, Pride and Prejudice - my own little mind candy, in any form I can get it.

47. Cell by Stephen King (2/11/06)
I heart Stephen King because he gets our “pop” culture. He may be a smug gnome, but he can write our world and then pick out the creepiest, ickiest thought out of our collective nightmares and lay it out on the page in words that anyone can understand and that is why he sells so many books. This may be brain “crack” for the working man, but is there something wrong with a book you can read that let’s the old thinking machine relax a little?

46. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (2/18/06)
Okay, halfway into this book I really started to love the snake. Both of an angel and the devil seemed to be written as gay as the day is long - but I like that in a moralistic tale. Even better in a story that is so completely tongue in cheek (how the hell do you spell tongue anyway?) This story was so incredibly clever, I could read this one a couple times over. I might actually take the time to laugh the second time around. I was too busy nodding my head emphatically the first time.

Crazy day tomorrow - 5th grade football evaluations in EP, then we have a birthday sleepover with seven ten-year-old boys. (Yes, I AM crazy) And the fourteen-year-old is coming home from Band Camp tomorrow afternoon.

See you in the funny pages.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?